What are you going to do this summer to make an impact in your chapter?
Have you started to think about next year yet?
How many men is your chapter going to recruit in the Fall?
What does the recruitment schedule look like for next year?
What Philanthropy and Service events is the chapter going to do?
These are all questions that you should start thinking about today!
I know, I know… You have Final Exams to think about right now, and that’s a great thing! Academics, after all, are the reason you are in college.
Once your finals have slowed down or you manage to get a ten-minute study break, I urge you to start dreaming. Start Dreaming BIG!
Think about the impact YOU can make next year, if you take just a few hours out of your summer vacation to start planning for some sort of TKE event!
Not an officer? That doesn’t matter! You don’t need to be an officer to be a leader in the chapter. Start leading this summer by taking the initiative to plan for the chapter’s success next fall.
Here are a few ideas if you want to make an impact this summer:
- · Ask committee chairs or officers how you can help them plan.
- · Start recruiting new members on facebook and Twitter.
- · Officers: Plan a Summer Officer retreat! Take 3 days, before August and spend some time having fun and planning out the school year.
- · Talk with Sororities, Professors, and the latest new member Tekes and generate a list of names and phone numbers of incoming male freshman. Call these guys over the summer and invite them to any and all chapter events!
- · Sign-up for and Work at summer orientation events… this helps you meet and get to know incoming freshman and shows the chapter’s dedication to your school.
- · Coming soon: read through the “Summer Recruitment Playbook” by Aaron Pattison and Jose Morales. It will be available on www.TKE.org.
This is only a short list of ideas to get you started. You’re the real genius here, so comment on this post and share your summer plans and ideas that you and your chapter are going to use to make next year even better than this year!
“Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ~Lou Holtz
Lance J. Boehmer, LLT
Associate Regional Director
Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
7439 Woodland Drive | Indianapolis, IN 46278
Twitter: @LanceTKE & @TKE_Region3
Better Men for a Better World